Education Requirements: Must meet one of the following:
- Texas State Teacher’s Certification or Self-Contained Teacher assigned area of education
- Bachelor’s degree with a passing score on an ExCET/TExES Exam in grade level or content area to be taught
- Bachelor’s degree in the assigned content area of education
- Bachelor’s degree with an academic minor or major (minimum of 18 credit hours) in the core academic subject areas to be taught
- Bachelor’s degree and documented successful, relevant work experience in the content area to be taught, established by at least one year of employment in a specific field or occupation that required the educator to demonstrate knowledge or skill in the content area. This is to be supported by a professional letter of recommendation from the educator’s employer or supervisor.
- Experience teaching in a classical school, or experience teaching with classical traditional methods
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs), and Dispositions
- Passion for students
- Passion for and strong knowledge of the instructional academic content
- Ability to model virtue, teach virtue through the curriculum, and cultivate habits of virtue in students
- Understanding of and passion for classical education
- Ability to learn and implement classical teaching curricula and methods
- Ability to maintain a classroom of approximately 20-27 students
- Ability and patience to work interactively with students
- Ability to understand the academic needs of students
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate with all levels of students, their parents, the community, peers, campus administration, superintendents, and corporate staff
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and student data such as diagnostic test results, state assessments scoring, and grade point average
- Ability to transition with changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to travel as necessary (i.e. field trips, class trips, trainings, etc.)
- Computer literacy
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the Instructional and Program Management for all students assigned, including but not limited to, classroom instruction, and after-school.
- Administer and monitor Diagnostic Tests to determine a student’s performance level and assigns curriculum accordingly.
- Instruct and motivate students in content specific course study.
- Assign lessons and correct homework.
- Administer tests to evaluate student’s progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom.
- Maintain a pullout classroom that is conducive to learning, safe, attractive and stimulating.
- Set a good housekeeping example in the learning center and encourages students to follow this example.
- Communicate with parents and schedule periodic meetings, before or after school, to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops.
- Inspire students with consistency, care, and interest to build students’ self-esteem and promote continued success.
- Praise students, compliment them and encourages them in order to build character.
- Utilize a variety of learning methods to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- Provide input into the preparation of an individualized education plan (IEP) to promote students’ success on the state’s assessment exams.
- Work closely with the Special Education teacher to ensure special education students’ modifications are being implemented.
- Perform related duties such as assisting students in selecting courses of study, counseling students in adjustment and academic problems, and sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
All equipment required to perform duties and tasks were previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: Please use the link to find more information on ResponsiveEd Teacher Salary https://responsiveed.com/careers/teacher-salary/