Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst
Aimco, a real estate investment trust (REIT) with offices in Bethesda, MD, Denver, CO and Irvine, CA, is one of the largest owners and operators of apartment homes in the United States. We strive to provide an exceptional living experience for residents and a great place to work for teammates, to be a good neighbor in the communities we serve and a good steward for our investors. The company’s shares are included in the S&P 500 and are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIV.
Aimco is seeking a Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst in our Bethesda, MD office, who will play a key role as a member of the acquisitions team providing support for new investments. Within Aimco, this role is also known as a Financial Analyst.
Among other things, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the team’s investment pipeline and monitor potential opportunities across Aimco’s targeted markets.
- Participating in all aspects of the deal process including underwriting, market research, rental and sales comp analysis, IC memos and presentations, due diligence, and closing.
- Assist with the post-closing transition process with Aimco’s operations, finance, accounting, marketing, and construction services’ teams.
- Preferably have a Bachelor's or advanced degree with a major in finance, real estate, accounting, or economics.
- Have demonstrated 1-3 years of success in real estate experience preferably in an acquisitions/development, investment sales, investment banking, valuation or finance role.
- Possess superb financial modeling prowess in Excel. Coupling this with strong written and verbal communication skills, you demonstrate the ability to present complex analyses to senior management in a story-telling, consultative manner.
- Prove that you are a self-starter with a strong desire to work and contribute within team – oriented, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Show your strong desire to grow a career in real estate, leveraging your impeccable attention to detail as well as the ability to work under strict deadlines while working autonomously, proactively, and always multi-tasking.
This role requires you to be continuously eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship, either now or in the future. Aimco is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Location: US-MD-Bethesda
Department Name: Transactions East
Recruiter: Kelly O. Terry
Building Location: 6700A Rockledge Drive Suite 110A, Bethesda, MD 20817