GK Development is seeking a Real Estate Attorney to provide counsel on all matters relating to retail and commercial real estate. This position will partner closely with all divisions of the company.
The ideal candidate will have retail real estate legal experience, strong business acumen, excellent organizational skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Draft, negotiate, and interpret leases, lease amendments, REAs, SNDAs, License Agreements, estoppels, consents, brokerage agreements, NDAs, and other retail real estate documents.
- Assist leasing, operations, acquisitions/dispositions, finance, and other business partners.
- Develop and implement strategies on legal issues and resolve disputes and conflicts.
- Review and analyze leases and other real estate documents and provide assessment and analysis of legal issues.
- Assist with day to day corporate governance matters.
- Find, retain and manage outside counsel for projects when needed.
- Work with company Principals on the legal aspects of redevelopment projects.
- Minimum 5 -10 years of retail/commercial real estate legal experience, with a track record of success either in-house or at a top law firm (or both).
- JD degree and excellent academic credentials.
- Admittance to practice law in the state of Illinois.
- Experience drafting and negotiating retail real estate leases and other agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail, meet concurrent deadlines and organize time and conflicting priorities.
- Positive energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, confidence, and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment are a must.
- Strong drafting, communication, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of technology as it applies to real estate including superior knowledge of typical business software (Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.).