Heartland Credit Union is growing and we are looking for a Real Estate Loan Consultant to work in our Wichita market.The successful candidate will be responsible for the origination of long-termreal estate lending needsas well as lot, construction, and bridge loans.
Heartland Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative serving over 26,000 members. We've been proudly serving our members since 1948. HCU has many locations in Kansas including Wichita, Hutchinson, Newton and Haven.Learn more about Heartland Credit Union by going towww.hcu.coop.
Monday Friday 9 a.m. 6 p.m. Some after hour events and Saturdays required.
This person will work from one of or Wichita branches located at 3777 N Maize Rd.
Looking for an experienced Real Estate Lending Consultant to help current and prospective members in the Wichita area find the right solutions for theirreal estate lendingrelated needs.
- Responsible for the origination of all real estate loans.
- Guides the member through the borrowing process. Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests. Discusses loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from members.
- Assists members by assessing their financial goals, needs, and objectives while providing them with exceptional personalized service, sound lending advice, and high-quality products and services.
- Serves members, prospective members, builders, developers, and realtors promptly and professionally.
- Generates new sales appointments by making calls to members, potential members and employee groups.
- Conveys policies for extension of credit in accordance with HCU and secondary market guidelines.
- Working with the real estate community to build relationships in order to build trusted referrals, for the purpose of originating real estate loans.
- Professionally cross sells all HCU products and services.
- AssistsAVP ofReal EstateLendingand other personnel as necessary.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Provides superior service to our members.
- Pro-actively supports and advances HCU's brand and culture.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One to two years of related mortgage/real estatelending experience required.
- Understanding of the foundation of determining credit worthiness.
- Familiarity with title reports, insurance, and appraisals.
- Real estate background helpful.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- Excellent communication and public relations abilities.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. Will be subject to the required registration process, which includes fingerprinting and a criminal background screening. Fees are paid for by Heartland Credit Union.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
To apply from our career site, go to Apply Now. If you are viewing from an outside posting board, go towww.hcu.coop, then find "Careers". You must create an account to apply and upload a resume. All inquiries are completely confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
HeartlandCredit Unionan Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Heartland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.Heartland hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. This practice applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and education, promotion, termination, compensation and all conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.