Are you Service-Driven and Detail Oriented? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? USE’s Real Estate Department is the perfect place for you! As a Real Estate Loan Processor, you’ll have the chance to create an effortless member expereince and help members achieve their dreams. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Process 1st and 2nd Trust Deed loan applications according to credit union and secondary marketing lending standards; along with state and federal regulations.
- Proficiently maintain a loan pipeline of an average of 30 loans per month. Of the average pipeline, a minimum of 50% of the pipeline should fund monthly.
- Knowledge of RESPA and TRID guidelines.
- Proficient with credit union’s conventional and non-conventional loan products.
- Prepares revised Loan Estimates (LE) and ensures accurate accounting of all fees.
- Ordering and obtaining all required loan documentation from borrowers to satisfy underwriting findings compiling the loan file in accordance with credit union and FNMA guidelines. This is be managed by working directly with loan officer, and or direct member contact.
- Request and review various file components including flood notification, credit report supplements, deposit statements, income verification and demands.
- Review the preliminary title report, escrow instructions and purchase contracts within LOS.
- Work with escrow and title companies to secure clear title and vesting on behalf of the lender. Order appropriate title policy endorsements, as applicable.
- Ability to read loan level price adjustments, rate sheets and determine correct rate, points and add-ons when applicable.
- Update borrowers, agents, and mortgage loan officers with loan status as stated in departments SLA.
- Review all types of income verification to include: wage earners, paystubs, Schedule C, corporate and rental income, etc.
- Determine salability of loans to secondary market investors.
- Ensure loan applications adhere to property type, occupancy, loan to value and loan amount guideline established by FNMA, USE Credit Union and secondary market guideline.
- Render credit decisions in a fair and impartial manner to the best of his or her ability.
- Review and all appraisal reports, to ensure reports meet all conventional secondary market requirements. Submit all appraisal reports through FNMA Collateral Underwriter (CU) and Uniform Collateral Data Portal (UCDP).
- Maintain strong working knowledge of current investor underwriting requirements, to include Fannie Mae, mortgage insurance companies, and other investors as business is developed.
- Perform processing tasks within the assigned service level agreements for position.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with team members and retail network.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent (last five years is considered recent) experience processing conventional mortgages with a direct lender, mortgage insurance company or mortgage broker. Conventional full document processing a plus.
- Must have excellent communications skills (verbal & written) and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in order to build relationships with a diverse multi-tier client base and be able to interact with other departments and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem solving skills with the ability to make quick accurate decisions with limited information. Must be a self-starter and be able to manage time while working independently.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess applicable technology skills and demonstrated expertise.
- Keyboarding skills of 35 words per minute, along with experience with Windows based loan origination system (Point, Encompass, and D+ H), and Loan Document Preparation Systems (DocMagic). Experience with Microsoft office applications (excel and word), as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use.
- All Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be actively registered with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and pass annually to maintain active status.
- California Real Estate License or government certificate program desirable.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.