Are you Service-Driven and Detail Oriented? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? USE’s Real Estate Department is the perfect place for you! As a Real Estate Manager, you’ll have the chance to create an effortless member experience and lead, support and coach the Real Estate team. Become part of a department that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Directly supervises and assumes responsibility for the overall direction, and management of the real estate operations team.
- Maintain and oversee daily business operations of Real Estate operation team, to ensure team is working efficiently within LOS.
- Provide an extra-ordinary service experience and adhere to the credit union’s quality service standards.
- Ensure all mortgage loan policies, procedures, and documentation remains current with TRID and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure loans are processed according to credit union, NCUA, Fannie Mae and secondary market guidelines.
- Maintain department and company policies and procedures.
- Review and verify that documentation in loan files satisfy internal, investor and regulatory requirements.
- Review loans to ensure that approvals adhere to property type, occupancy, and combined loan-to-value and loan amount restrictions.
- Monitor processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create monthly reports reflecting pipeline status and loan production for VP of Real Estate.
- May process and underwrite mortgage loans depending on the pipeline volume.
- Serve as a mentor to the team by providing coaching and feedback to aid in the development of new skills and refinement of existing skills; keep management informed of progress.
- Develop annual business strategy that supports annual loan production goals.
- Oversee and manage department budget, cost control measures and explanation of budget variances to ensure and/or improve profitability.
- Maintain the required knowledge of policies and procedures, laws and regulations, as well as other compliance requirements.
- Protect the credit union assets by adhering to safe and sound security practices.
- Four year college degree; and ten or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 5 -7 years of previous experience in processing and underwriting first mortgage loans is required.
Experience in a financial institution/credit union or mortgage company, knowledge of mortgage origination activities, and understanding of loan and regulatory compliance is required.
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience required.
- Active California Real Estate license is preferred.
- Must be actively registered with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and pass annually to maintain active status.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.