Full-time real estate paralegal
We are a small but established service-oriented real estate law firm located in the James Island/West Ashley area of Charleston County that strives to exceed the expectations of our clients and the agents who work with our firm. We are seeking an real estate closing paralegal who is extremely organized, great at multi-tasking, self-motivated, a quick learner, professional, pleasant, and who takes the initiative to help whenever they can. Historically, our firm has not had much turn-over so we are looking for an individual who is interested in a long-term permanent position. Experience with real estate closings is necessary and strong preference for those with experience in both residential and commercial. We are only seeking reliable and mature candidates for this position with knowledge of proper telephone etiquette and excellent customer service skills. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- writing title commitments and coordinating all aspects of the closing process from start to finish,
- answering phones using a multi-line system,
- greeting and interacting with clients,
- initiating wire disbursements and balancing closing ledgers,
- maintaining and updating the calendar for the attorneys and fellow paralegals using Outlook,
- copying, scanning, email, and similar general office duties and post-closing work,
- ordering title work and other closing related items (CL-100s, loan payoffs, certificates of tax compliance, etc.),
- working in Microsoft Office programs as well as SoftPro Select.
We offer employees competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package based on experience. To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter with resume and list at least two professional references. We look forward to speaking with you further about this position!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
This job description must not be misconstrued as a promise of employment, nor deemed as an employment contract.
competitive pay with a benefits package based on experience