Job Title:Real Estate Paralegal
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As a Paralegal, you will provide support to the real estate group within the legal department, with specific emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, and development deals. If you believe in aspiring for the best results by working creatively and thrive with problem-solving in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment, we'd love to hear from you. We have a strong preference for the selected candidate to sit in our Denver, CO office with the greater legal team. However, we are flexible to hire within one of our larger markets.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Support all aspects and stages of real estate transactions, with an emphasis on title and survey review, due diligence review, document preparation, closing logistics/mechanics coordination and post-closing integration and administration.
- Assist with the preparation, review, editing and negotiation of legal documentation (including, purchase and sale agreements, amendments, closing documents, access and license agreements, easement documents, declarations, CC&Rs, confidentiality agreements, satellite and telecom agreements, track use agreements, brokerage and listing agreements, letters of credit, SNDA, and leases).
- Contact and negotiate with third parties (including title companies, surveyors, railroad companies, and regulatory bodies) as needed.
- Summarize material terms of contracts (including declarations, covenants, leases, and other property-related documents).
- Develop professional relationships with resources both within the Company and outside the Company, as vital to fulfill job assignments, as well as facilitate information gathering and research goals.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- A minimum of 10 years of real estate and related experience, including a background in real estate transactions, leasing and development, with a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Must have strong PC skills with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, DocuSign, and Outlook) as well as ability to learn and use proprietary computer systems and databases. Experience working with SpringCM and Serengeti is desirable.
- Experience supporting and closing transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, ground leases, financing's and developments.
- Outstanding social skills, a dedication to professionalism, integrity and collegiality, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Exhibits grace under pressure, has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Must be an independent, proactive, organized and diligent worker, and work with minimal direction.
- Must be flexible to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Able to work under tight deadlines, balance multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to intensify issues.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
Additional Locations:Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Los Angeles, California, San Francisco, California