Fairfield Residential is seeking a highly motivated team player with excellent communication, writing and math skills to join its team responsible for negotiating purchase agreements, coordinating due diligence and closings for large multifamily real estate projects.
Significant experience with commercial real estate transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, and/or financing) is required.
This position is designed for someone who is looking to be well-rewarded for their skills and dedication and have a real impact on the Company’s success. Reasonable relocation costs will be reimbursed.
- Negotiate purchase agreements for multifamily real estate projects with assistance of outside counsel
- Be responsible for coordinating acquisition of projects including by interacting with numerous Fairfield team members, sellers, lenders, escrow/title agents, attorneys and consultants from project inception through closing
- Conduct due diligence for projects, including by coordinating and reviewing third party reports such as environmental
- Prepare (a) “sources and uses” for capital calls and (b) closing statements (inclusive of prorations and closing costs)
- Prepare closing memos outlining transaction terms, financial reporting requirements and other specifics of projects upon acquisition. Present memos to accounting and asset management personnel to facilitate consistent understanding of transaction terms and project.
Summary of Required Skills and Work Attitudes:
The right candidate …
- Is self-motivated, anticipates needs and takes initiative
- Thrives in fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Produces high-quality work with attention to detail, even when deadlines are tight
- Is willing to take-on new and changing duties/tasks over time
- Has significant experience with commercial real estate transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, and/or financing)
- Has Bachelor’s Degree
- Is Microsoft proficient (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Has the ability to work well with numbers and formulas in Excel
- Has excellent communication and writing skills
Fairfield Residential is one of the largest vertically-integrated multifamily real estate companies in the United States. Fairfield is a real estate investment and development company operating in approximately 30 states, headquartered in San Diego, employing over 1,250 associates.
Interested candidates please submit resume to Fairfieldlegal@ffres.com.