Location: Immediate onsite in Midtown, Manhattan(no remote). Travel to the client's Iselin, NJ office location also required.
Industry: Investment Banking
Interview Mode: Phone interviews
Duration: 6+ Months Long-term Contract
Coordinate corporate real estate projects with scope that includes project management, financial analysis. Manage existing lease contracts. Lead department’s sourcing initiatives; oversee vendor contract management and expense control. Assist in premises and non-premises budget planning and expense tracking. Serve as Property & Corporate Services’ Insurance Correspondent, Permanent Control Correspondent and BCP Coordinator.
- Coordinate real estate projects in the Americas region (currently 5 locations in the US and sites in 5 other countries) with head office and local teams, including correspondents in PCS, Finance, Legal, Global Information Technology (GIT), Global Sourcing & Procurement (GSP) and the impacted Business Lines, throughout the project lifecycle: From development of the requirements, site search and financial modelling of scenarios, to lease execution, fit-out and move-in.
- Specifically take control of the coordination of the active real estate project to build-out 13k sf of office and BCP space in NJ, move-in back-office staff in August 2020, and handback existing site to the provider.
- Specifically, in charge of project management and financial modeling for the upcoming real estate project related to our main US-based office (currently +300k sf).
- Regularly communicate with commercial real estate industry professionals to gain market intelligence.
- Lead the department’s sourcing initiatives in RFP processes and in the contracting of premises related goods and services. Oversee the department’s vendor contract files and create milestone alerts for scheduled increases, options (early termination, expansion/contraction, extension, etc.).
- Assist with the annual preparation of the department’s operating expenses and capital budgets (currently a yearly budget of $25-30M). Actively track with Finance actual expenditures against the established budgets, prepare forecasts and provide regular reporting to management.
- Support the Department Manager in the administration and internal reporting of global and locally placed insurance policies related to property & casualty and FINPRO coverages. Participate in the annual renewal exercise of the insurance policies.
- Support PCS in the preparation of the facilities for the project to repopulate the offices in NY, NJ, IL and TX.
- Maintain all commercial office lease files, including any subleases, and create milestone alerts for scheduled rent increases, options (early termination, expansion/contraction, extension, etc.) and expirations. Ensure compliance with all covenants and contracted commitments vis-à-vis rent, real estate taxes, and operating expense escalations.
- Oversee the processing of the monthly fixed and variable rent payments, receivables, and subtenant billings, including all escalation charges.
- Serve as the department’s Permanent Control Correspondent and coordinate with the Department Manager in planning, updating and implementing new procedures, controls and key risk indicators as may be necessary.
- Serve as department BCP Coordinator and organize with department team members the recovery plan and the annual update of the department’s Business Impact Assessment.
- Support the Department Manager in the oversight of the outsourced corporate dining services.
- Participate in other departmental functions as may be required.
Real Estate Agent