Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Company subject matter expert in Project Management for the development of land and buildings to house company operations world wide. Responsible for the effective planning, budgeting, executing, and monitoring of the design, engineering and construction of small to midsize projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional groups to deliver financial success, timely implementation, quality results, and customer satisfaction
- Develop and coordinate project requirements (customer goals & objectives). Define project scope documents, implementation plans and processes. Ability to manage project schedules, resources and budgets. Works with clients to define client business needs, requirements and ensures implementation. This individual will also work in tandem and under the guidance of Senior Manager and Sr. Project Managers to perform project management duties to support the completion of small to large size projects.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Develop, design, recommend, and implementation of small to large development projects including the following:
- Develop project programming requirements and specifications with cross functional team members/ field partners and aligns these projects with customer goals.
- Ensures that projects meet business requirements, and that they are completed on time and within budget, with proper cross-functional involvement and risk management.
- Responsible for delivering value engineering cost savings while effectively balancing budget and scope.
- Utilizes Grainger administrative tools (SAP, Microsoft 365) and processes to develop and manage project plans and task assignments for all team resources.
- Work with business units to reduce budget and improve the quality of space delivered.
- Manages communications among team members, business partners, and other resources as needed.
- Ensures that all project documentation is developed and kept current.
- Promotes team effectiveness by utilizing each person’s unique talent and skills; fostering communication and mitigating problems.
- Manages several complex projects simultaneously, keeping all on budget, while making each business unit feel that they are the only customer.
- Conducts project meetings, communicates assignments and expectations to project team members, and tracks completion of project deliverables to ensure quality and integrity of all project-related products. Works, collaborates, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishment of team goals.
- Effectively resolves disputes, crafting outcomes to satisfy both internal and external stakeholders.
- Is Proactive in meeting challenges without prompting from others.
- Periodically evaluates project performance, making changes where necessary to ensure desired results.
- Evaluates project tasks and overall vendor performance to ensure company standards of performance are met.
- Works to achieve results by competing against a high standard of excellence as opposed to against the status quo.
- Effective written and oral communication of information, ideas, and values to an audience.
- Design/Implementation of new or cutting-edge programs and processes to make organizational improvements and maximize business results
- Effective management of government regulations and compliance with company insurance standards and requirements.
Preferred Education & Experience
- 4-year degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in related field preferred
- Highly familiar with site planning, environmental assessment, geotechnical, zoning, property acquisition due diligence.
- Highly familiar with space planning and architectural design
- Highly familiar with Construction document preparation/administration.
- Construction management experience.
- High level planning/scheduling skills including Microsoft Project scheduling usage.
- Highly familiar with Microsoft Office- (currently on 365).
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, consulting/construction contracts and contract law.
- Out tasking/ managing service providers.
- Construction billing and lien waivers.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of major initiatives with experience in management of multiple projects valued at $25 million+.
- Some familiarity and understanding of wholesale sales and distribution operations including storage, material handling, and automation systems preferred.
- Some exposure to PMI’s project management body of knowledge (PMBOK) is preferred.
- Some exposure to the enterprise systems of SAP.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly learn, become competent in, and effectively apply new skills.
- Experienced with utilizing recognized project management applications and processes in a work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working with and sometimes leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to exercise discretion with highly confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster collaboration within team, with business partners and with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to conceptualize new ideas and solutions, seek existing solutions or best practices and translate them into effective programs
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and accountability for actions and decisions
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, quickly learn and become competent in, and effectively apply new skills
- Detail oriented with strong technology aptitude.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication for the purpose of effective, clear, concise interface with internal and external contacts.
- 20% travel
- All cross-functional implementations are highly dependent on the timely completion of the site and building improvements which impacts project cost as well as the initial opening and revenue generated.
- This position provides site and building improvements and infrastructure for the operational efficiency, excellent customer service and employee engagement of Grainger facility sites and buildings through effective programing design and engineering.
- This position provides for the physically and mentally productive and healthful environment for the employee’s occupancy.
- This position has a budgetary capital responsibility of projects ranging from $5K to $15M.
- This position partners with external consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- This position typically collaborates with a team of cross-functional partners involved in the commissioning of Grainger facilities
- This position will work for any company organizations or group (customer) that is in need of a facility relocation or modification
- This position will assist and be trained by the Senior Real Estate Manager and Senior Real Estate Project Managers.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment:Real Estate, Realtor, Project Manager, Consulting, ERP, Sales, Technology