Working under general supervision, the Real Estate Representative prepares initial lease documentation, conducts lease negotiations and prepares related documentation for final approval by management. The primary business objective of this position is to ensure that renewal leases are negotiated to the benefit of GameStop. Associate interacts with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Negotiate lease renewals, issues and options for mall and strip center stores; draft appropriate changes to documentation in order to protect GameStop’s terms and closing the transaction.
• Responsible for the successful renewal, relocation, and/or termination of all existing leases in designated markets.
• Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of existing sites, in partnership with the local District Manager(s), Regional Director(s), Real Estate Management, and/or other internal and external sources.
• Evaluate and complete a synopsis of the financial impact to the company, return on investment and feasibility of each relocation by completing detailed analyses of all financials.
• Work effectively with the legal and construction departments to insure that all approved deals are finalized on schedule, insuring successful openings within the approved budget guidelines.
• Review comments from attorney/representative; work closely with Real Estate Management and other company divisions and departments to define proper response.
• Make lease determinations with respect to legal issues and policy issues.
• Proactively plan six months in advance of lease renewal terms, and acquire all necessary information to make sound decisions. Provide timely recommendations and suggested courses of action to Real Estate Management.
• Conduct research as needed to ensure that the lease renewal terms are appropriate with the current market, location, and other additional factors.
• Construct, organize and maintain spreadsheets.
• Meet deadlines for lease expirations.
• Work with other departments as necessary.
• Work on special projects as needed.
• Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including responding to voicemails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate.
• Communication – Clearly conveys information to individuals or groups in a manner that ensures understanding and comprehends information from others.
• Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action of self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance and ethics for one’s self; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments/tasks.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in business or other related field of study required
• Individual must be or have been active in a position directly responsible for negotiating and leasing retail/commercial real estate as an employee or agent of an owner/landlord or a tenant for a period of not less than two to three (2-3) years.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of various major real estate markets
• Basic knowledge of specialty store, “Big Box” retailers, “High Street”, power center and community center environments
• Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate contract terms in a forthright, professional, and tenacious manner for the benefit of the company
• Working knowledge of market rents across the United States
• Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
• Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
• Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook and Word
• Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities