Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States. We operate about 2,300 stores across 35 states and the District of Columbia under 20 well-known banners. Albertsons Companies is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood. In 2017 alone, Albertsons Companies and the Albertsons Companies Foundation gave nearly $300 million in financial support and resources to worthy causes across the country.
The Real Estate Representative (RER) represents the Company in real estate transactions within an assigned geography or identified corporate wide initiatives. The RER has responsibility for identifying and evaluating value enhancement opportunities for current assets. In addition, the RER works with Senior Real Estate Managers in the field and makes recommendations while providing analytical and logistical support for acquisitions, leasing, and asset disposition transactions.
* Supports initiates and completes real estate transactions of varying types and degrees of difficulty and takes various supporting or leadership roles in entitlements, legal documentation, project coordination and project tracking.
* Works closely with Senior Real Estate Managers supporting the analysis, corporate approval and execution of transactions. Develops skills, contacts and knowledge enabling the RER to progress toward the Senior Real Estate Manager position and beyond.
* Assists in the development of real estate strategies for operating division within the region.
* Prepares high quality and accurate investment/disinvestment packages for Real Estate Committee utilizing in-house tools such as Excel, PowerPoint and Mapping Software.
* Coordinates negotiations with team attorney and handles or supports document negotiations.
* Engages and interfaces with brokers to market surplus properties, negotiate business deals, compile and submit packages to Real Estate Committee.
* Understands basic forecasting methodologies and develops a nuanced understanding of gravity and analog models.
* Develops an understanding of and stays current on company policies relative to the negotiation of legal documents.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education & Experience Level:
* Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred, with emphasis or coursework in Real Estate, Finance, Civil Engineering, Geography or General Business preferred.
* 1-3 years of relevant experience in corporate real estate, shopping center development, and/or real estate department with a major retailer. Relevant college coursework may be considered as substitute for experience.
Skills and Experiences:
Tactics and Planning
* Proactive self-starter with an owner/investor/developer attitude.
* Thought leader with ability to influence tenants, landlords, management and investors to action.
* Basic understanding of real estate concepts, documentation, and the ability to close deals with limited supervision.
Background and Skill Development
* Strong market analysis aptitude; will to win and to outpace competitors, natural curiosity, analytical mindset, and profit oriented approach.
* Well-honed financial skills with the ability to apply financial modeling techniques and critical analytical frameworks to solve for effective real estate decisions and outcomes.
* Strong negotiation aptitudes leading to the ability to negotiate multi-million dollar transactions to a successful conclusion.
* Strategic minded and ability to analyze situations quickly and make recommendations for underperforming real estate assets (e.g., closing, lease re-negotiation)
* Understands standard financial statements and can assess potential credit worthiness of tenants.
* Demonstrates basic understanding of real estate valuation methods including cap rates, market comparables and replacement cost.
Leadership and Communication
* Ability to partner with and influence Executive Management.
* Team player able to lead internal and external teams in a fast-paced retail real estate environment, and partner with Senior Real Estate Managers to achieve company goals and build the RER's skill set
* Integrity and professionalism to represent the Company's interests to outside investors, professionals and vendors as well as teammates.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Acts in a competent, professional, and timely manner
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 20% -- 25% travel depending upon assigned region
* Sits, stands or walks for extended periods of time.
* Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
* Prolonged time sitting in cars or airplane.
* Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
* Workday is fast-paced, some evening and weekend work may be required.
* Quick learner and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled