Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Real Estate Specialist/Manager. The Real Estate Specialist/Manager reports to the Senior Director of Real Estate and will execute and deliver on the day-to-day Real Estate activities of the 300+ property portfolio in accordance with company objectives.
What you'll do:
- Manage a Real Estate Portfolio of 300+ commercial properties
- Manage the real estate team by directing and supervising the activities of the team members, and provide necessary training and coaching
- Manage lease analysis and work with commercial brokers on negotiation of business terms for various commercial, industrial real estate transactions
- Draft and send communication/notices to landlords and property managers
- Draft lease agreements and amendments for review
- Maintain intimate knowledge of lease agreements
- Prepare contracts for execution and request Certificates of Insurance
- Manage property files and monitor projects to ensure lease extensions are secured prior to expiration of critical dates
- Work closely with Accounts Payable department to set up and maintain monthly recurring lease payment schedule, and request additional payments
- Resolve any discrepancies in requested payment amounts directly with landlords and property managers
- Review and reconcile tenant rent and CAM charges
- Manage lease administration database of entire real estate portfolio by building, maintaining and updating database;
- Prepare and manage monthly real estate reports on active leased/owned properties, generate established reports in timely manner
- Manage final walk through process of properties with landlords and branch representatives to close out properties
- Resolve property repair and maintenance issues with landlord and branch operation under the guidance of the legal department
- Review and understand applicable zoning codes and design guidelines.
- Research and process zoning, occupancy, use permit applications
- Manage all facets of tenant and capital improvement projects
- Manage broker, landlord, and subtenant relationships
- Interact with brokers, contractors, legal counsel, risk management representatives, environmental consultants and surveyors
- Ability to evaluate several possible actions and use discretion to make the appropriate decision on various real estate matters.
- Identify and resolve problems while providing exceptional customer service
- Escalate matters to Real Estate Attorney and/or Senior Director of Real Estate when needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Prepare department budgets, budget forecasting, reporting, planning and analysis
- General administrative (reviewing and processing expense reports; meeting planning; travel arrangements; calendar maintenance; receiving, reviewing and processing invoice payments and tracking)
- Faxing, photocopying and filing
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Some travel will be required for branch property visits
Skills we’re seeking:
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience in corporate real estate or commercial property management in corporate environment
- Experience supporting multiple groups or departments
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic
- Skill in effectively compiling, filing, retrieving, maintaining, researching, coordinating and organizing information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze and solve work problems
- Customer service experience
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Experience assisting a fast-paced real estate department preferred
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.