Real Estate Tax Director to lead real estate tax group of a regional public accounting firm.
(Location flexible, but within one of the firm's locations: NY, LI, NJ)
The Real Estate Tax Director will have exposure to a diverse client base and will be responsible for the management of client engagements. The Real Estate Tax Director will be responsible for managing staff to ensure client needs are met timely and with the utmost quality. (Not REIT).
- Review real estate partnership/corporate returns.
- Perform research and draft memoranda on real estate issues.
- Train and supervise staff, review and evaluate their work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Taxation; Master’s degree in Taxation preferred
- CPA license
- Minimum 20 years of tax experience in public accounting in the real estate sector
- Ability to mentor, develop, and supervise staff
- Strong ethics/integrity
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage engagement deadlines
- Ability to speak to and sell Firm services to new and existing clients
- Ability to travel to client locations within the metropolitan area
Marcum Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum Search does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.JOBPOSTREF M