Seeking a rebar fabricator. This position requires bending, cutting and loading rebar to meet customer specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Bends, cuts and loads rebar to customer specifications.
- Unloads stock materials from trucks; loads materials onto trucks for delivery using forklifts and/or overhead crane.
- Sets up bender by keying required information from production tags (i.e. pin size, bend degree, quantity and forward/reverse deductions).
- Receives stock material from loader and inspects bundle for uniformity and attachment of inventory tags, SAP tags, and partial tags if bundles are open.
- Returns partial stock bundles to inventory by counting bars and recording count remaining and other required information from inventory.
- Performs general housekeeping duties by sweeping, picking up trash, removing trip hazards.
- Processes fully used stock bundles by giving the SAP tag to the Supervisor for removal from the system.
- Straightens rebar as it moves towards counting line.
- Bundles completed bends by tying bundles together.
- Communicates with fellow co-workers, supervisors, and other personnel about production issues.
- Completes Daily Bend Report for each bundle.
- Confirms correct bar sized is used by comparing information on production tag to inventory tag.
- Selects proper speed for bars by referring to speed/bar size charts.
- Verifies bars received at bender have attached tags.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries. Wears appropriate PPE at all times according to safety rules; attends and participates in safety meetings.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- 2 years' experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Spanish and English fluency preferred.
- Overhead crane and fork lift experience preferred.
- Willing to work flexible or extended hours.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have Strong math aptitude including additional, subtraction, fractions, reading tape measure.