Position Title: Receiving Clerk (aka CRT Clerk)
Supervisor: Inventory Controlller
Works closely with Receiving Manager/Supervisor to ensure efficient operation of the Receiving Department. Responsible for maintaining accurate records of shipping and receiving related transactions. Follows-up and maintains Receiving Manager/Supervisor aware of activities and discrepancies.
- Schedules and monitors deliveries.
- Communicates efficiently and concisely over the phone, in person and through e-mail to coordinate returns, rejections and credits.
- Accurately inputs a high volume of information into the computer concerning incoming and outgoing merchandise in a timely manner.
- Checks and records the quantity of the merchandise for conformity to purchase orders and specifications.
- Records and reports shortages and discrepancies.
- Ensures friendly, efficient and professional customer service.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 1 year similar experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, vendors and buyers.
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, and proportions.
- Computer Literate
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- For the most part the ambient temperature will be moderate.
- The work is performed sitting at a desk.
- Pace is job-set, meaning the pace varies depending on the receiving activities.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, Hilo) moving material throughout the warehouse.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.