This position is responsible for manually recording, receiving, and loading all export and/or inbound deliveries of cargo for the Upper Warehouse Operations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of industry related experience as a shipping and receiving clerk, including verifying cargo
- Must be able to obtain HAZMAT certification within 90 days from hire
- Must have basic knowledge utilizing two-way hand held radio
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak Basic English
- Must have Intermediate data entry experience
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours including nights, overtime, weekends and holidays
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the function of receiving and loading out of all warehouse cargos.
- Record export and inbound deliveries, terminal customer service, stuffing vessel convenience.
- Verify that all cargo matches the shipping documents and verify HAZMAT sensitive cargo and coordinate location and transfer
- Report all discrepancies and/or damages to immediate supervisor
- Separate and receive cargo by booking
- Sign documentation and coordinate location to place cargo
- Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards and awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people checking equipment, etc.) at all times
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Subject to physical screening is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, bend forward, squat, twist, pinch and reach overhead
- The employee is frequently required to reach forward, exercise repetitive foot and wrist motion and finger dexterity
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, grasp and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye-hand-foot coordination
- The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push and pull up to 20 pounds
- The employee is regularly required to use their fingers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Upper Warehouse Manager and does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Outdoors, exposure to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is continuously exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.