Provides direct hands on support within a legal office environment setting. Performs various office support tasks which may include one or more of the following areas of responsibility: copy, production, and scanning, fax, mail and shipping, records support, direct floor support, hospitality assistance, conference room set up and scheduling, receptionist backup, and light facilities support. A Senior Legal Onsite Service Specialist must possess a high level of presentation skills, interpersonal etiquette, and customer service skills to communicate with senior level attorneys, partners, clients, opposing counsel, vendors, staff, and others. This position reports directly to a Site Manager, Site Supervisor, or an Assistant Site Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- LEGAL ENVIRONMENT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess the legal background to understand client matter work flow, such as:
- Charge back to firm and/or clients for work, supplies, hours, etc.
- Familiar with legal technologies and software such as document management systems as well as cost recovery and charge back systems (examples: Copitrak/Equitrac, etc.).
- Familiar with legal records management processes.
- Familiar with processes and documents such as: closing binders, depositions, transcripts, briefs, addendums, filings, discovery, judgments, knowledge of court systems, and the proper delivery of items and documents within the court system.
- Assists with scheduling needed equipment, labor, and supplies for offsite trial(s).
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for interacting and providing professional level support to executive level end users at various levels, including: legal assistants, firm administration, project managers, paralegals, associates, and partners.
- Work to accurately produce jobs and projects according to required deadlines. Job and project deadlines may be short and require composure and professionalism.
- Runs all copier equipment including high volume copy machines, fax services, postage meter, and personal computer.
- Performs tasks and utilizes equipment such as: paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, and electric stapler.
- Handles time sensitive documents that are confidential in nature.
- Works to provide quality and accurate reproduction, scanning, or project work.
- Responds to customer inquiries including the necessary coordination and calculation of time required to complete the requested task.
- Provide imbedded support to specific floors or integrated practice groups.
- Assist with coordinating projects that will be completed off site.
- Maintains logs for billing and assists in calculating charges for work or jobs performed.
- Maintains logs and work records to be utilized for tracking, management reports, inventory, and ordering of supplies.
- Distributes incoming mail and packages to designated drop points as well as office supplies and fax transmissions.
- Delivers completed reproduction work to pre-determined delivery areas. This may include delivery areas outside of the customers office location.
- Deliveries and pickups may require travel between offices or another office location.
- Performs duties related to the shipping and receiving of materials and packages.
- Performs filing duties in conjunction with specific customer requests, which may include 'purging' and archiving old documents.
- Performs duties of scanning, file conversion, file naming, and encryption.
- Performs FTP (File Transfer Protocol) between computers and files for printing.
- Manage TOC (Table of Contents) -- first page of electronic file.
- Perform duties that involve OCR (Optical Character Recognition) files to assist with key word search.
- Performs file formatting for printing in programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Performs daily quality checks on convenience copiers to ensure proper functionality.
- Responds to errors or troubled copy machines. Also works to clear paper jams.
- Maintains daily meter and service logs.
- Stocks and organizes convenience copier areas.
- Straightens, organizes, and manages firm conference and meeting rooms.
- Assists facilities with box moves, office moves, and occupant moves.
- Assists facilities with light maintenance duties.
- May perform occasional cleaning duties.
- May require periodic overtime on nights and weekends, including off-hour emergency response.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires high school diploma or GED and 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in legal industry is preferred.
- Ability to provide an excellent customer experience, utilizing strong customer service, personal and communication skills.
- May require a violation free, valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per RICOH Policy.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.