Company & Culture: El Pollo Loco, Inc.
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. It's our unique preparation of award-winning "pollo" and use of fresh, authentic ingredients that creates a deliciously, mouthwatering "crazy you can taste" experience. From our products to our people, we're truly amazing!
We opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! So, if you crave growth, fun and success, then we have an excellent opportunity for you. It's all at your fingertips! Join our team and engage in cross functional activities where you will find challenge and inspiration in our fast paced, hands-on organization.
Requirements (our ideal candidates will possess):
- Experience: 2 or more years administrative experience, preferably in the service or hospitality industry; 1 year customer call/contact center experience preferred; previous experience with conflict resolution.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Computer Software Skills: Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, and the internet is required (and will be tested in the interview phase), and proficiency with Microsoft Access is preferred.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret routing reports, documents and correspondence. Ability to effectively speak with internal customers, external customers, vendors, and franchisees. Multi-lingual is preferred, English and Spanish. Ability to effectively listen and respond to customer needs.
- Other Required Skills: Punctual; excellent phone etiquette; working knowledge of office equipment such as laminator, scanner, copier, fax, etc.
Receptionist provides general office support; receives and greets callers by phone and in person in a professional and friendly manner; determines nature of business and directs to the proper destination; and assists various departments with administrative projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a PC based attendant console, answers and transfers incoming calls to appropriate party, and retrieves voicemail messages.
- Greets customers, vendors and visitors, ensures that the sign-in/out tablet is always charged and the printer has labels.
- Assists Office Services and other departments with special projects as needed, including collating, folding, and labeling.
- Assists other departments with coordinating out-going FedEx shipments; Codes Fed Ex invoices, resolves billing issues, creates air bills for personal Fed-Express shipments, and tracks and collects payment of personal shipments.
- Assists EPL Charities and logs in-coming donation requests, sends gift vouchers and regret letters for charitable event declinations.
- Updates desk procedures.
- Assists other departments with special projects.
- Maintains accurate employee and departmental listings.
- Creates and maintains the Reception area relief calendar.
- Interacts professionally and ethically, constructively participating as a collaborative team member in pursuit of common goals.
We offer EPL Support Center Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401K with Matching
- Meal Discounts
- Work Hours: Full-Time schedule, Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Work Attire : Primarily business casual, but we wear jeans on Fridays!
- Physical Demands : The Receptionist position regularly sits, talks, hears and uses hands to reach/handle/feel and grip objects. Occasional close vision and lifting and/or pushing up to 10 lbs. are required. The position seldom stands, walks, stoops/kneels nor uses distant vision to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Job Posting valid thru : Dec 31, 2019
El Pollo Loco is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.