Job Title: Receptionist – High School Days/Status: Nonexempt, 189 Days
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: Clerical 2
Reports to: Principal
The primary purpose is to serve as receptionist and provide clerical support for campus administration.
High School diploma or equivalent
One year clerical experience in an office setting
Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Proficient in software applications and keyboarding skills
Ability to operate office equipment
Ability to operate multi-line telephone system
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive and direct incoming calls, take reliable messages and route to appropriate staff.
- Greet and direct campus visitors. Maintain visitor log and issue visitor passes.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail, documents, and other deliveries.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of campus materials.
- Maintain current knowledge of campus activities and Student Handbook to assist students and parents.
- Assist with receipt and distribution of student materials, including homework requests.
- Assist with preparation of materials for mailing, including preparing labels, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Disseminate daily campus announcements according to established procedures.
- Provide clerical assistance as needed.
- Assist in monitoring student office aides and campus office volunteers.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in meetings and training sessions as designed by District staff.
- Assist in campus duty assignments as required.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Maintain emotional control under stress; Demonstrate patience and flexibility in changing job demands and when interacting with parents, staff, students, visitors, and the public.
Work with frequent interruptions; Continuous sitting.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.