CPR HeartPlace has an excellent full time employment opportunity, with full benefits, for an experienced Receptionist / HR Assistant at our corporate offices located in far North Dallas, TX. Prior recent working experience in a corporate receptionist / HR Assistant capacity would be required.
The Receptionist, reporting to the Director of Human Resources, is one of the ‘faces’ of the Company; often the initial point of contact for visitors and callers to CPR/HeartPlace departments. As such, ALWAYS presents the Company in a professional, helpful and friendly light through initial greeting and service. Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel. Assists clinic by performing administrative duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards call to appropriate personnel or department.
2. Handles calls and visitors with the highest levels of customer service.
3. Has the highest levels of attention to detail.
4. Transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
5. Answers questions and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
6. Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
7. Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
8. Informs supervisor of pertinent communication issues/escalates issues to appropriate party.
9. Reports routine maintenance calls to appropriate party.
10. Helps maintain meeting room schedule.
11. Must have impeccable time and attendance record.
12. Works as part of the team and secures coverage when on vacation.
13. Assist the HR team with administrative duties such as orientation- badge pictures, orientation set up and packet creation, OIG/GSA Sanctions checks, event preparation and execution, HR filing, birthday and anniversary announcements, supply orders, and other duties as assigned.
14. Prepares mailing forms and PO’s for Federal Express.
15. Receives and distributes mail.
10. Updates and distributes employee telephone extensions list and clinic contact lists.
11. Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
12. Performs other administrative duties as needed.
13. Receives and distributes packages to appropriate personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Highly dependable and punctual. Proven track record with regard to attendance and punctuality.
2. Must model a professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor at all times.
3. High school graduate or GED.
4. 2+ years of Receptionist experience with multi-line phone systems.
5. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse population, displaying professionalism and patience at all times.
6. Ability to multi-task and remain flexible; responding fluidly to changing priorities.
7. Previous experience with personal computer and word processing software. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.