JOB TITLE: Receptionist
LOCATION: Lindon, UT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls;
- Take and relay messages;
- Provide information to callers;
- Greet persons entering organization;
- Direct persons to correct destination;
- Deal with queries from the public and customers;
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization;
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness;
- Provide general administrative and clerical support;
- Prepare correspondence and documents;
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries;
- Organize conference and meeting room bookings;
- Control inventory relevant to reception area; and
- Tidy and maintain the reception area.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and maintain both electronic and manual files;
- Assist in sales promotions and marketing activities;
- May handle customer service work with both clients and employees;
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports;
- Run office errands, as needed; and
- Other administrative support duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- High school or Equivalent required;
- Work experience should include a minimum of 1-year related experience;
- Advanced knowledge of accessing and using the Internet and MS Office tools; knowledge of computer systems, communication tools and software such as Windows programs; Previous experience with ERP and business-to-business commerce, preferred;
- Excellent communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Ability to respond to simple to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community;
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, various departments, and employees of all levels.
Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.