We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our stellar front desk team in providing outstanding client service and patient care. Our receptionists set the first impression with our clients and patients; therefore, applicants must be friendly, professional, and courteous, and must love clients and their pets! Ideal candidates will have excellent customer service skills, be computer literate, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Pieper Veterinary's family of hospitals include primary care, specialty care, urgent care, and 24-hour emergency care, with locations reaching from the heart of the Connecticut River Valley down to the southern shoreline. In addition to primary and wellness care, our 24-hour emergency service and 7-day urgent care service provides your pet with care every day of the week. We also provide specialty services that include surgery, neurology, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, oncology, critical care, and physical therapy.
Our mission is to provide exceptional medical care for our patients and the highest level of customer service to their owners. We are proud to be able to offer the most advanced technology and diagnostics to our patients, while still maintaining the feeling of community and family that the Pieper name has come to stand for. To learn more about our hospital, visit our website at www.PieperVeterinary.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Main location: 730 Randolph Rd, Middletown
- May be required to fill a shift at another satellite practice which may be located in Middletown, Essex, Marlborough, East Haddam or Madison.
· Weekdays 7:30am to 8:30pm
· Weekends 8:00am to 5:00pm
Skills & Requirements
Our receptionists are responsible for greeting clients, processing payments, scheduling appointments, and ensuring the reception area is kept neat and tidy at all times. Individuals who are friendly, possess a strong attention to detail, and thrive in an energetic and fast-paced environment will excel.
- Compassion and sensitivity: Ability to be sensitive to an ill pet, as well as its concerned owner.
- Customer service skills: Ability to provide friendly, efficient service to clients in-person, as well as on the phone. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to feel comfortable dealing with clients, patients, staff, and others.
- Reliability: Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Technology skills: Ability to operate office technology such as computers, tablets, scanners, fax machines, and copiers.
- Ability to remain calm during emotional and stressful situations, as well as ability to handle patients on a leash or carrier. Receptionist are expected to move through different areas such as multiple workstations, waiting areas, inventory, treatment and exam rooms.
- Ability to multitask. Ability to manage office operations such as taking messages, scheduling appointments, and maintaining patient files.
- Communication skills: efficiently communicate with other staff and clients, both in writing and verbally.
- Must appropriately read invoices, process payments and deposits. Must possess basic math skills as well as proper handling of cash and checks.
- Responsibilities include: Check-in/out, taking payments, receiving & making calls, paging, faxing, printing, transcribing voicemails, sending emails, scheduling, confirmation calls/texting, cleaning, training and other clerical duties.
- Reception experience in a medical setting is preferred.
- High school diploma as well as one year of customer service required.
Compensation and Benefits
Our superlative compensation package includes health, dental, vision, disability, and company-paid life insurance, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, employee referral program, employee assistance program, and generous employee pet discount.
How to Apply
Submit your application through Monster with your most recent resume and cover letter. Please do not call to inquire about this position.
Pieper Veterinary considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Pieper Veterinary discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.