ALC is the industry’s leading privately held direct and digital data marketing solutions provider. Founded by Donn Rappaport in 1978 and headquartered in Princeton, NJ, the company operates 7 sales and account management offices in the U.S. ALC enables its roster of blue-chip clients — including the leaders in virtually every business sector — to grow, increase market share, and improve bottom-line profitability through the innovative use of marketing information. ALC provides our clients with a broad-range of alternative media and interactive marketing services. ALC is a long-standing member of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and is widely recognized as one of the industry’s leading innovators in the gathering, application, and integration of multi-channel marketing data.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist to join our NYC team of professionals. to handle client-facing duties as well as general office management tasks. The Receptionist’s duties will include offering administrative support across the organization as well as welcoming and greeting people who visit the business. Additional responsibilities will include front-desk activities such as distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. This is an entry-level to Mid-level, non-Management position.
Our ideal candidatehas excellent communication and multitasking skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
We want to be your Employer of Choice!
ALC offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401k w/ company match, paid time off, business casual dress, summer hours, customized training & more! If you are one of the “best and brightest” in your field and you’re looking to position yourself for the future, this is a great opportunity.
For immediate consideration, please create a profile and make sure you provide your resume, salary requirements, and current contact information. We look forward to learning more about you and the value you can bring to ALC!
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Greet clients as soon as they arrive and connect them with the appropriate party
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct offices
- Create and manage both digital and hard copy filing systems
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other administrative duties such as filing, photocopying and faxing
In addition, our "ideal candidate" has the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but high school diploma accepted with some college or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing documents
- Ability to create organized filing system
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi task
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating a “Team Player” attitude