We have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist/Office Administrator to support our Alexandria, VA office. He or she will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the reception area to maintain a professional image; screen phone calls, greet visitors and customers, and maintain conference rooms;
- Visitor control and key/badge management;
- Maintain office equipment (i.e. printers) to ensure continued functionality;
- Schedule meetings and events, when necessary, and organize any necessary materials;
- Arrange breakfast, lunch and/or coffee and beverage services for meetings when necessary;
- Facilitate employee related events, such as Friday breakfast, holiday gatherings, etc.;
- Assist management with expense reports tracking. Reconciling travel/material purchase expense reports and preparing purchase orders, invoices, and credit card receipt reconciliation submission to A/P for office related expenses and charges;
- Serve as Office Admin: Liaison with property management company; manage office common areas including the kitchen and breakroom, offices and cubicles; handle all office-related orders; handle and distribute office mail and packages; serve as the office Fire Warden for building fire and safety evacuation drills;
- Create general business correspondences;
- Participate, as needed, in special department projects;
- Other duties, as assigned;
Experience and Skills
- Must have a HS Diploma or GED for this position.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and knowledge of general office procedures.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- The use of discretion and good judgement with relaying confidential information, is necessary.
- Capable of meeting necessary deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, as needed.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiar with web-based meeting programs is a plus.
- Ability to read, write coherent, and interpret general office correspondences such as faxes, letters, reports, and manuals.
- Ability to identify resources to verify information and communicate effectively.
- Able to work alone on a regular basis with general supervision.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at a desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor. Able to lift and carry boxes and packages will be necessary. Flexibility with work schedule due to early and/or late meetings is a plus.