Castleview Physician Services
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate the reception area of the
physician office. Receives mail, answers telephones, greets visitors and
patients, answers questions, and directs them to their appropriate locations.
· Provides quality customer service through greeting patients, answering phones and making patient appointments.
· Answers phones in a timely and polite manner, transfers calls appropriately, relays messages. Attempts to resolve patient questions and requests before referring them to other staff members.
· Prepares the medical chart for each patient by identifying and utilizing the appropriate forms and recording information. Maintains the record by placing additional visit information, tests, dictation, etc. into the record.
· Utilizes the computer system by inputting patient information, charges, payments, letters, etc. on the patient’s account.
· Acquires the skills and knowledge to maintain the master files of the computer system.
· Works effectively with insurance company representatives to resolve problems or issues concerning a patient’s account. Also conducts precertification for patients as required, in a timely fashion.
· Copies patient insurance cards, records, forms, etc. to effectively process patients who are new or in need of services.
· Prepares superbills, log, and batch sheets for proper accounting procedures for billing company.
· Contacts patients as needed to convey information concerning appointments, test results, etc.
· Arranges for efficient processing of surgery scheduling and preparation for patient and hospital.
· Prepares patient payments for bank deposits and proper accounting procedures on patient’s account.
· Obtains and distributes reports and test results to the proper entity as needed or required.
· Has sufficient knowledge to code patient bills for proper reimbursement from third party payers.
· Assists in the effective and efficient operation of the medical practice.
· Maintains CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent patient care information to assure patient rights are protected. Releases information in accordance with established policies.
· Does not have unauthorized overtime, arrives on time, leaves on time and has few unscheduled absences.
· Respects diversity of each individual (patients, visitors, vendors, co-workers).
Must obtain BLS within 60 days of hire.
JobPlease select a valid job field
Work Schedule PRN - rotate weekends, various shifts