Receptionist/Program Assistant, Washington, DC, (ID#15252)
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients' toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client's mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
For more company information, visit our site at www. http://cherokeenationbusinesses.com
The contractor shall provide administrative support services, as outlined herein, to efficiently support the program management of the Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs of the Department of State.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- The receptionist/program assistant is responsible for administrative duties in managing the daily activities of the office.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls; determines the nature of the visit/call; and determines which can be handled personally and which need to be referred to the supervisor or other staff members as required.
- Provides initial background or informational material for the supervisor as needed.
- Arranges for meetings and conferences including location and time; informs all participants of arrangements and provides background information to them as required.
- Sets up conference room for meetings or other events, as requested. May be asked to take notes and report action taken to appropriate staff members, then follows up to assure necessary action is completed.
- Makes arrangements for travel of the supervisor, and other staff members, as directed including scheduling of appointments, securing travel and hotel reservations, passports, visas and travel advances.
- Upon their return, prepares travel vouches from diaries and notes. Establishes and maintains files.
- Periodically inventories and orders office supplies.
- Types letters, reports, office instructions, etc. from rough draft, verbal instructions or general outline prepared by the supervisor.
- Responsible for the correct punctuation, spelling, grammar and format of the completed work.
- Responsible for sorting and distributing mail, newspapers, and cables or other classified items as required.
- Deliver material to other Department Front Offices as needed.
- Responsible for checking individual offices for end-of-day sweep for security purposes and for carrying out other duties related to safeguarding classified items in the Front Office.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required.
8 to 10 years of administrative/receptionist experience required.
Excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
Active Top Secret Clearance required.
Controlled climate office environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.