Receptionist - Part Time
Summit Veterinary Referral Center is a specialty referral center located in Tacoma, WA. We provide 24-hour emergency and critical care, internal medicine, oncology, neurology, radiology, cardiology, ophthalmology, and surgery services.
Position Summary: As a veterinary receptionist, your job entails several important and critical aspects of our hospital: customer interaction & service, medical record maintenance, and the lobby and reception appearance & cleanliness. This is a part time position & will require working weekend and evening shifts.
Customer service Responsibilities: greeting and checking clients in for emergencies or appointments, answering multi-line phones, taking and passing messages to the appropriate staff member, answering questions (on phone/in person), invoicing/checking out clients, taking payments (cash, credit card, Care Credit), appropriate record keeping, prepping/pulling charts, knowledge of VIA software, assisting with all paperwork for hospitalization, anesthesia and euthanasia while maintaining compassion and professionalism during high-stress situations.
Hospital Cleanliness Responsibilities: vacuuming, mopping, changing garbage, dusting, stocking and cleaning reception area and lobby.
Medical Record Maintenance: create new client/patient records, verify information correctly entered & transferred, update information, verify completion of entries & medical records, appropriately divert the record to the appropriate location, complete entries after any communication with client, accurately file/store records.
Close/Open Duties: prepare reception area for opening, have files ready for appointments, review patients/clients anticipated, check balance of money till, check in surgery/treatment clients, Check info and lab email forward to appropriate location or personnel. Perform end-of-day processing, settle/close credit transactions, have files ready for morning, verify money till, prepare reception area for next morning.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: At least one (1) year of experience in the veterinary field with at least three (3) years of experience in customer service. Experience in a specialty/emergency practice is a plus. **Potential signing bonus to someone with experience who meets the necessary qualifications.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Effectively communicate with clients
- Work with or without direct supervision
- Effectively work with other staff members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adapt to the different needs and preferences of different doctors
- Work with VIA Veterinary Software and multi-line phones
- Spell, alphabetize, and perform basic mathematics
- Ask questions when a task or procedure is unclear
- Able to be active, sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs
- Able to work in low to moderate noise, including animal noises
- Able to work well under pressure and at high levels of stress
- Must be able to life 25 pounds and work on feet
- Exposures to supplies commonly used in a hospital setting such as anesthetic gases and x-ray irradiation within appropriate OSHA standards
- Risk of injury from animals
- Be flexible with work hours
*This is not a complete list of duties. Some tasks may be assigned to a specific person to complete.*
Summit Veterinary Referral Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.