Receptionist - Admin Assistant
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on superior customer service and putting its people first. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
We are currently looking for an experienced Receptionist to manage the front desk at our Distribution Center in Woburn, MA. In this role the Receptionist will be very visible and play a key role in coordinating visitors and phone calls. The Receptionist will also be responsible for assisting the sales team and operations teams with admin task when necessary, as well as Warehouse Management System data entry. The qualified candidate will be an experienced Receptionist with strong communication and time management skills who is comfortable carrying out back-office administrative tasks in addition to reception duties.
Click here to learn more about our distribution services! https://youtu.be/zgbNaziQG3U
Click here to learn more about Anixter! https://youtu.be/BiLxnFRgy0M
The expected schedule for this positions will be 8:00am - 5:00pm.
In addition to the description above, this role will be responsible for:
* Answering, screening and directing phone calls.
* Greeting and coordinating visitors and vendors.
* Providing information and directions to callers and drivers.
* General administrative and clerical support for warehouse operations.
* Assisting with Warehouse Management System administration.
* Assisting with general warehouse duties as needed.
* Additional administrative duties that are not listed here may be required in the future, therefore, flexibility in position expectations is required.
* This is a partial list of duties intended to demonstrate what this position looks like. Additional duties, including some warehouse duties, may be assigned as needed by the business.
What it will take to be successful in this role (Qualifications)* 2+ years of receptionist or administrative experience.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Stable work history. We’re looking for good people who want to stick around for a while and be part of our Anixter family.
* Extensive experience communicating with multiple departments.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Strong understanding of MS Office Suite and Email use.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong communicator, self-directed, motivated and goal oriented.
* Must have determination, sense of urgency, strong customer focus, willingness to work hard.
* You need to be reliable with a good attendance record. Our customers and your coworkers depend on you to be at work each and every day.
* This is an office based position. The ability to do the following for prolonged periods will be necessary, generally an entire shift (8+ hours per day): Sit at a desk, use a computer, use of a computer monitor, write, wear telephone headset, type using a keyboard or phone pad.
* Additional physical demands: Lift up to 30 lbs; stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat occasionally;
What’s in it for you:
The hours for this position is 8:00am to 5:00pm M-F with minimum/no weekend work
Medical, dental, and Vision eligibility after 60 days
Virtual doctor visits at a reduced cost
Annual health screenings at no cost
Maintenance medicines at no cost (exceptions apply)
Sick and vacation time
401k match and company-funded pension plan*
Employee referral rewards such as Apple products and cash money
Short term and long term disability protection at no cost
Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year
National discounts on commonly used items
Who is this company with all these great things to offer?
We are Anixter. We enable the connected world. We are leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
With over $7 billion in annual revenue, Anixter adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to:
Innovative supply chain solutions
Over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory
320 warehouses/branch locations with over 9 million square feet of space
Locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.