The Recertification Specialist duties include a wide range of activities related to determining and documenting applicant and/or participant eligibility, income, rent and our contractual obligations with the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA). The position requires full accountability for a resident case load including accurate and complete files, resolution of special cases, and responsiveness to stakeholder inquiries.
*Monday - Friday, 8:00p - 5:00p*
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes annual re-examinations within required time frames following the CHA and Habitat procedures.
- Complete interim re-examinations and unit transfers as required
- Conducts applicant and participant briefings and interviews, completing re-certification forms completely and accurately.
- Follow HUD/CHA policies to determine residents’ rent.
- Educate participants on program requirements and family obligations.
- Process all transactions within required systems.
- Maintains residents’ files in a safe and secure environment following CHA’s information security policy and requirements.
- May assist with rent collection and lease enforcement.
- May assist to draft general notices to residents
- Assists the Community Manager and/or Assistant Manager in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities at the site.
- Perform other related duties as assigned