SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
TITLE: Clerk-Playground (Elementary)
QUALIFICATIONS: The playground clerk shall have a minimum of high school diploma or its equivalent and be competent in the duties to be performed. Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, snow, and cold) due to playground supervision and bus duty.
REPORTS TO: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB GOAL: To improve the educational program by assisting the instructional staff.
1. Supervise students at recess and lunch.
2. Check playground equipment for needed repairs and report any items needing repair to the principal.
3. Monitor classrooms when teacher is in an IEP or staff meeting.
4. Supervise cafeteria at lunchtime.
5. Assist with supervising in-school suspension.
6. Assist with bus supervision at beginning and end of day.
7. Assist with typing and duplicating of material for teachers.
8. Assist secretary with answering of telephone, student record keeping, typing of new student folders and records as well as filing of records.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal.
10. Possess the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in written form, with administrators, staff and the community as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment will be on an at-will basis for 9 months, beginning with the first day of the work calendar or at the time of employment for duration of school year with prorated personal leave. Each playground clerk will be provided a work calendar showing the specific daily work schedule of the employee. The work calendar may be modified by the Board of Education at any time, as needs dictate.
Four hours (including a 15 minute paid break) will constitute a workday for the playground clerk. A definite daily schedule will be established by the building principal and approved by the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
The yearly salary will be disbursed in nineteen (19) equal payments or twenty-four (24) equal payments per employee’s choice.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of support staff personnel.
Approved: August 21, 1989
Revised: June 19, 2000
Revised: May 15, 2006
Revised: November 16, 2009
Fort Zumwalt School District, O’Fallon, Missouri