Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Records System Manager
Office of Records and Registration
Division of Enrollment Management
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
General Description of the Job
The Records Systems Manager exists to support the Office of Records and Registration to maintain and enhance Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) systems essential to the support of students and student services. Under the direction of the Registrar and working collaboratively with the entire University community, the Records Systems Manager will play a central role in the efficiency and effectiveness of systems by providing strong technical leadership and troubleshooting of technical issues that might arise and provide support in the integration of new and existing technologies and tools.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Works closely with database administrators and other technical experts to maintain the Banner Student systems, to facilitate upgrades and act as the liaison between the end user and technical support team.
2. Trains, explains tasks and assists support staff in trouble-shooting and problem-solving.
3. Manages projects, people and tasks to ensure goals and objectives are completed in timely manner.
4. Develops test plans and tests new releases of the Banner Student systems.
5. Works collaboratively with administrative offices and academic departments to define, develop and document office and inter-office policies and procedures.
6. Analyzes transactions; corrects and updates records.
7. Identifies and advises the Registrar of technology training needs.
8. Responsible for providing technology training to Records Office staff, and academic and administrative departments.
9. Reports records maintenance needs to the Registrar.
10. Demonstrates compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
11. Responsible to the Registrar for reports and data clean-up, as assigned.
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as-needed basis.
1. Assists Registrar with Records and Registration tasks as needed.
2. Be available to offer customer service and cover reception area when necessary.
3. Attend meetings in the absence of the Registrar.
4. Provide support to other strategic enrollment departments, as needed.
5. Assist with registration, commencement, and other strategic enrollment related events
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Demonstrate current knowledge of FERPA and confidentiality of student records.
2. Demonstrate advanced knowledge and end user Banner (or equivalent student services database) skills.
3. Expertise in Java, Windows, SQL Server, Oracle
4. Working experience using Degree Works, National Student Clearinghouse, Room Scheduling Software, ImageNow/BDMS, and Argos.
5. Knowledge of Database Management concepts
6. Ability to design a logical flow of process steps.
7. Ability to write clear, concise, informative reports.
8. Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
9. Ability to train functional users
10. Ability to analyze problems and formulate alternate solutions
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships across the university
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Successful experience: At least three years of experience in higher education is required. Proven success in customer service and computer proficiency; organizational skills.
3. Excellent operations and technology skills in an educational setting.
4. Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
5. Other: Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including potential/incoming students and their families, current students and their families, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU Fundamentals;
2. Provide periodic verbal and/or written project updates to Registrar;
3. Demonstrate knowledge of Banner functions and upgrades; and
4. Demonstrate ability to work flexible hours.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed