Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Recovery Coach to work in Jersey and Montgomery Counties in Illinois.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Work in Jersey and Montgomery County
- Offer pre-treatment engagement into services.
- Provide active linkage to and promote utilization of communities of recovery and ancillary services.
- Provide consultation and encouragement on concerns/achievements presented throughout the recovery process including stage-appropriate recovery education.
- Model, teach, and support acquisition and utilization of skills needed to facilitate individual recovery and self-efficacy.
- Assist individual in identifying personal strengths and barriers to achieving treatment and recovery goals
- Assist individual in developing natural supports and sobriety-based activities that will support long-term recovery.
- Advocate on individuals behalf, as needed, with service systems to assure access, service responsiveness and protection of personal rights.
- Provide opportunities for individual receiving services to direct their own recovery process.
- Provide on-going monitoring of recovery stability including post-treatment.
- Coordinate services with treatment team and other supports to ensure continuum of care.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to individual’s cultural beliefs and values.
- Support, model and teach recovery values including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities, including but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and personal experience with the recovery process with a willingness to obtain IAODAPCA certification after two (2) years.
- Working understanding of Drug Court and substance abuse treatment, needs of individuals with co-occurring mental illness, experience in the self-help and local recovery programs.
- Ability to work with persons in their natural environment and assist with linkage to ancillary services.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled