Heights Finance Corporation is a leading consumer finance organization located in the Midwest with over 100 branches in six states. We are currently seeking a motivated, dependable, team oriented individual to join our team in the position of Recovery Collector in our East Peoria, IL P&L Center location.
Heights Finance team members enjoy working in a growth-oriented company within an exciting industry, in a diverse work environment that offers great advancement opportunities, competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Recovery Collector will be responsible for all collection activities related to the bad debt accounts assigned by their branch Collections Manager while adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
Some of the essential responsibilities are as follows:
Provide memorable and outstanding customer service:
- Ensure every interaction with each customer work in conjunction with creating a "raving fan" experience
- Answer incoming phone calls in a timely manner and obtain appropriate information from customer in order to direct customer to appropriate team member within the branch
- Apply our Corporate Values in every transaction with customers
- Participate in training opportunities
Assists Collection Branch Manager in all collection branch activities:
- Review accounts to identify patterns, problems, broken promises
- Use fact finding techniques to capture key information that locates the customer
- Document attempts to contact, new information, situations, and agreements
- Negotiate settlements on accounts with prior manager approval
- Communicate with attorneys on legal accounts
- Handle miscellaneous insurance follow-up
- Process payments as needed - banking activities
- Communicate with branch manager, district manager or VP on account activity
- Accomplish predetermined collection goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience in collections is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of GPS program is preferred
Chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete drug, background and credit screenings.
Education/Experience: Associates Degree and/or equivalent work experience of one to two years or a combination thereof
Heights Finance Corporation is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value the diversity of our employees and the benefit it brings to our company.