Chestnut Health Systems is currently seeking a full-time recovery specialist position to work with clients involved in the McLean County Drug Court and Recovery Court treatment programs. Qualified applicants will have the opportunity to work with clients involved in the criminal justice system that also have significant substance use and/or mental health issues. Recovery specialists in the court programs help meet a variety of case management needs, meet with clients individually to bolster recovery supports, and advocate for clients during court team meetings. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, and willingness to learn.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Provide active linkage to and promote utilization of communities of recovery and ancillary community resources and services, along with developing natural supports and sobriety-based activities that will support long-term recovery.
- Provide consultation and encouragement on concerns/achievements presented throughout the recovery process, including stage-appropriate recovery education.
- Model, teach, and support acquisition and utilization of skills needed to facilitate individual recovery and self-efficacy.
- Assist individual in identifying personal strengths and barriers to achieving treatment and recovery goals, including vocational, educational, and housing goals.
- Assist individual in using identified strengths to develop recovery-oriented support.
- Advocate on individuals’ behalf, as needed, with service systems to assure access, service responsiveness, and protection of personal rights.
- Provide transportation to community agencies and services, as needed.
- Provide on-going monitoring of recovery stability, including post-treatment contact.
- Coordinate services with treatment teams, court teams, and other supports to ensure continuum of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to individuals’ cultural beliefs and values.
- Support, model, and teach recovery values including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness, and spirituality/connectedness.
- Represent Chestnut Health Systems on community coalitions, as assigned.
- Provide life skills and educational groups as required.
- Maintain records of client and all services provided within assigned programs.
- Provide court testimony if requested.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED with an active Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor certification (CADC) or an active Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) certification in good standing with the State of Illinois; or a high school diploma or GED with five (5) years’ experience and must obtain CADC certification or CRSS certification within 2.5 years’ from date of hire.
- Must have personal substance abuse or mental health recovery experience and a willingness to appropriately discuss his/her own recovery journey.
- Ability to work with persons in their natural environment and assist with linkage to ancillary services.
- Good oral and written communication skills necessary.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled