The Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative (SNJPC) is a non-profit agency that serves the seven southern most counties of South Jersey. SNJPC is dedicated to improving health outcomes for pregnant women, babies and children.
Regional travel through SNJ counties
Fulltime position reporting directly to the Program Coordinator. The main function of this position is to provide recovery support and peer coaching to women and their families by constructing a recovery plan, educating and linking them to community resources.
• High school diploma or equivalency required, associate’s degree preferred.
• 2 years’ experience in the guiding principles of recovery.
• Knowledge of community and statewide treatment and recovery options.
• Transportation and valid driver’s license/insurance.
• Develops a recovery plan.
• Educates on how to appropriately navigate treatment, social service, and recovery support systems.
• Is a positive role model by sharing experiential knowledge, hope, and skills.
• Maintains relationships in order to assist individuals in the treatment engagement and retention process.
• Reinforces, guides, and ensures clients that recovery is possible, and is built on multiple strengths, coping abilities, and resources.
• Assists with gaining skills and resources needed to initiate and maintain recovery.
• Assists in establishing and sustaining a social and physical environment supportive of recovery
• Enhances identification and participation in the recovery community.
• Advocates for appropriate and effective community treatment and recovery.
• Empowers individuals to make self-determined and self-directed choices about their recovery pathway.
• Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates for employment by SNJPC must undergo a criminal background check and driver`s license review.
Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative, a nonprofit maternal/child health agency providing programs/services to improve perinatal/pediatric health. SNJPC offers a comp. salary and benefits pkg. It is SNJPC’s policy to make every practical effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities to execute the crucial functions to the job. EOE