Gary Morava Recreation Center
This is a part time seasonal position. Employee must be able to work flexible hours and be available evenings and weekend work.
Nature of Work:
- Work with Children in Youth Programs
- Work with Supervisor on Season Preparation
- Supervise league games
- Report to the Supervisor of Recreation
- Must be 21 years old and have a proven ability to deal successfully with the public, supervisors, children and co-workers.
- Must be CPR/AED certified
- Knowledge of rule and regulations of athletic sports such as:
- Floor hockey
- Pee Wee programs
Essential Job Functions
- Enforce all health and safety rules of the Prospect Heights Park District
- Make sure the environment is friendly and safe for the participants
- Participate in staff training
- In all dealings with the public, be polite and courteous and act under the principles of good public relations
- Perform other duties when required
- Maintain order at games and resolve conflicts
- Coordinate staff for games/events
- Enforce rules for games and programs
- Make sure needed equipment is available and monitor its usage
- Handle conflicts with games or schedules
- Make proper decisions regarding weather and space for programs
- Supervise and direct picture day
- Coordinate basketball league programs with schedules, practices and parent emails
- Communicate with parents, coaches and patrons
- Help monitor youth programs
Cell phone usage during work is not permitted.
Arrive shift fifteen (15) minutes prior to scheduled start time.
Reporting to “work station” ten (10) minutes prior to scheduled shift.
The nature of this position is to work in an office, gymnasium, meeting room or outdoors.