The essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the duties listed in the job description. Making independent judgments using discretion for the benefit if the client.
- Plans and supervises the recreational program in accordance with the needs, interest, and capacities of the residents.
- Supervises work of volunteers; demonstrates, teaches and leads recreational activities such as group and team games, arts and crafts, exercise and physical training, music and dramatics, etc.
- Orders supplies and equipment for recreation; issues and collect arts and crafts supplies from residents; regularly inspects recreational area and equipment for safety.
- Organizes and promotes events for special occasions such as holiday programs; arranges field trips and activities outside of facility as approved by the Supervisor-Social Services.
- Attends community meetings as assigned; participates in Social Services meetings to coordinate activities and goals and participates as a member of the team; attends in-service programs and meetings for staff.
- Works with private and public organizations to further the goals of the recreation program.
- An Associate Degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 credits in recreation, physical education dance, applied arts group work, and other related disciplines.
- Has respect and consideration for the population being served.