Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Recreation Coordinator plans and coordinates activities for the Recreation department. Records in the Resident's medical record documentation re: activity interests, needs for assessment, care plan and activity level of participation while in attendance.
· Organized a program of both group and individual activities based on the residents' care plan.
· Maintain a balance of recreational activities including physical, social, religious, diversional, and intellectual and crafts.
· Will ensure that group activities are scheduled at a time that would provide for maximum involvement by interested residents.
· Responsible for the transportation of residents within the facility from on area to the designated program area.
· Complete the following tasks upon Residents admission and quarterly in the medical record:
· MDS, Care Plan, Initial Assessment, Patient/Family Education and Progress Note.
· Maintain Recreation equipment and supplies.
· Accurately records daily participation including group and one on one visits.
· Updates bulletin boards and monthly calendar as needed.
· Provides family and community communications and correspondences (i.e.: thank you cards, birthday invitations and special event notifications).
· Takes initial photo of Resident on admission.
· Reviews initial assessment of Resident's diagnosis, limitations and dietary restrictions.
· High school diploma or equivalent, two years of college level recreation study of a related field.
· Bachelor's Degree & CPRP certification preferred
· Knowledge of event planning practices and techniques, Passion for working with the elderly, Strong organizational skills and excellent communications skills.
· Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point required; must be flexible and able to work in stressful environment.
· At least 5 years' experience within a Skilled Nursing Facility in the role of Activities Associate.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Apply Now
- Apply Later
- Click Here to Apply
- Return to Search Results
- New Search