A lot of companies say they’re at the forefront of technology, Mediacom follows through. We recently announced a 1 Billion dollar investment plan, “Project Gigabit” that will bring 1-Gigabit broadband internet service to virtually all of the 3 million homes and business we serve across 1,500 communities.
Mediacom is one of the largest cable companies in the nation operating in 22 states with over 4600 employees. As Mediacom continues to grow, so do the career opportunities within! Be part of excitement and join one of the most stable and dynamic technology companies in the market today. This culture of advancement, success, outstanding benefits, and career advancement opportunities give you The Power to Succeed!
As part of a human resources team, the Recruiting Specialist I is responsible for leading the staffing and talent acquisition efforts of the company to build a strong workforce that adds to the company’s success. You will make critical judgements based on information gathered through the interview process. A successful candidate will possess knowledge of employment and labor law, have a deep understanding of the organization and its staffing needs, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Everyday you'll talk to candidates and help us communicate the message of our employment brand, "The Power to Succeed". You'll have exposure to many parts of the business and build relationships with multiple leaders and hiring managers.
• Recruits, interviews, and screens job candidates to fill existing and future job openings within the organization.
• Responsible for entry-level and experienced recruiting efforts to include all aspects of the hiring process: evaluating needs, advertising, reviewing resumes, and coordinating/conducting interviews and offers.
• Screens and interviews candidates using behavioral interview techniques to ensure candidate matches all specifications of the position including organizational fit and job fit.
• Develops a strong network of talent through various methods including: sourcing through web, internet, university/college/school visits, and network contacts within the larger community.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring.
• Sources active candidates from various resources including: online databases, contact lists, internal databases, and employee referrals.
• Educates candidates on the total value proposition of the company including the company's benefits, career development opportunity, and pay.
• Maintains necessary documentation for assigned requisitions i.e. documentation for FCC 396-C filings.
• Ensures adherence with all federal and state employment laws; maintain EEO Guidelines.
• Ensures all background requirements are met for all assigned new hires.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Maintain and update job descriptions.
• Regular attendance and work hours required. Some travel may be required.
• Required – Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
• Required – 1-3 years of related recruiting experience.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations related to employment.
• Effective interviewing practices and techniques.
• Experience managing multiple recruiting assignments within an Applicant Tracking System.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment and use MS Office applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, etc.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to build strong and productive personal relationships and work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment sufficient to handle sensitive employment issues.
• Ability to effectively advocate ideas and influence internal and external audiences.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
Keywords: Recruiting, Recruiter, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition