Exciting opportunity at a metal recycling facility with the Intermountain West's premier recycling company. Over the years we have worked with thousands of customers, from local residents with a few pounds of cans to large companies with truckloads of scrap material.
- Do you like things clean and organized? Do you like your personal tools and garage neat and tidy? We love that too! A key role of this position is keeping our material organized and stored in an efficient and logical manner. You will need to be accurate in tracking the shipment of finished goods, efficient in processing materials and proactive in organizing our yard. If you have a working knowledge of different types of metals, all the better.
- Under the direction of the General Manager you will be directing and overseeing other yard employees. We need someone who gets along well with others and can give clear and effective direction. You will be very successful if you lead by example, with a strong work ethic. "Having a Strong Work Ethic" is one of our core values.
- Do you have "mad" equipment operation skills? You will regularly operate a variety of equipment including track-hoes, loaders, forklifts and a baler. Ideally you can also informally train and coach others in the safe and efficient operation of our equipment.
- Are you naturally a happy and positive person? Ideally you can also informally train and coach others in the safe and efficient operation of our equipment.
- If you like a variety of duties this is the perfect role for you. As our operation manager you will be interacting with customers, operating equipment, loading trucks, and helping out in the office. We will train you in using our operations software to track inventory, pay customers and ship material.
- Direct and manage the work of other yard employees.
- Ensure the yard materials are organized and stored in an efficient and logical manner.
- Accurately track the shipment of finished goods and efficient in processing materials.
- Work well with all levels of employees and can provide clear and effective direction.
- Regularly operate a variety of equipment including track-hoes, loaders, forklifts and a baler.
- Train and coach others in the safe and efficient operation of our equipment.
- Provide "WOW" customer service by providing a positive experience to all customers
- Perform a variety of other as assigned.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of equipment operation in a construction or industrial setting.
- General familiarity with computers and office software (we can train you on our specific software).
- Ability to work M-F, 8-5pm, as well as some Saturdays.
- 1 year of scrap yard or similar industry preferred
- Ability to sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- The employee occasionally is required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Medical Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Incentives - steak dinner
- Company Christmas Party
- Company Summer Employee & Family Party
- Extra Mile Points