Red Switch (DRSN) Technicians
Washington DC (Pentagon)
Candidate Should Possess:
• Excellent communications skills.
• Successful completion of technical training associated with operations and maintenance of a Tech Control Facility equivalent to that required for US military AFSC 3C2X1, MOS 31P, or EC2318.
• Communications-Computer Systems Control Technician or the equivalent civilian training and work experience in a similar civilian or military systems control facility is required.
• Successful completion of military/civilian communications electrons courses such as Radio Relay Maintenance, Computer Switching Systems Maintenance, and Cryptographic Maintenance along with operation experience associated with technical control or patch and test facility will be considered in lieu of formal technical controller training.
• Must have strong background and working knowledge of the DISA Operational Circulars. Must be familiar with various encryption devices, e.g. KG-84, KIV-7, KG-194, KG-95, KG-94, etc, including device substitution, key and re-keying.
• Experience with COMSEC is preferred
• Experience with technical control operating records such as circuit history folders, master station logs, trouble tickets, outage and restoration records, and DISA reports is highly desirable.
• Experience implementing and operating under the auspices of DoD exercise and communications operations contingency plans is highly desirable.
• Experience conducting performance/quality monitoring and testing, and trend analysis is high desirable.
• Experience writing technical control operating procedure is desirable.
• Experience developing, testing, implementing and maintaining communications operations contingency, exercise and restoral plans is desirable.
• Circuit restoration, fault isolation, quality control testing, trend analysis, performance monitoring, and status reporting experience is highly desired.
• Individual must perform all operational technical control functions on government owned or leased circuits, equipment, and facilities.
• Also desirable is background in implementing physical connections on frames, patch panels, cabling, and equipment by making cross connects.
• Candidate must have a background in maintenance of TCF equipment and excellent understanding of digital and analog test equipment, multiplexers and modems, maintenance of circuit, equipment and systems records, files, and diagrams.
Shift Work Required – 24x7x365
Required Certs – DOD 8570 level II (Security +)
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense TS/SCI /SCI eligible as a condition of employment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178