Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization: VICTR 104242
- 4+ years of PHP experience with knowledge of object-oriented concepts
- Working knowledge of REST API services
As an application developer, this person would work with theREDCapsoftware platform to build data integrations with theEpicelectronic health record (EHR) system so that data may be extracted from Epic and imported into REDCap so that clinical data might be re-used for clinical research purposes. This would be done by building modules in REDCap that could interface with Epic’s REST API web services.
This position will develop and modify software under occasional guidance; design, code, and perform benchmark testing, as well as debugging and documentation of programs. Implement small projects or components or large projects. Ability to solve medium to complex problems through the following technical core competencies:
- Application Development: Demonstrates proficiency of programming and other development tasks independently and without support from others for moderate to difficult applications. Has conducted all of the tasks and activities required to complete the applications development phase and participated in the process of fully implementing the system. Able to successfully debug complex routines. In terms of structured programming, has used structured code to produce modules of straightforward logic.
- Applications Development Standards and Procedures: Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of applications development standards and procedures in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is attentive to existing applications development standards and procedures, and may recommend improvements to existing applications development standards and procedures within the work area.
- Applications System Analysis: Has some training in or light exposure to basic systems analysis tasks. Participated in one or more systems analysis tasks such as: collection of documents, user interviews, file analysis, process flow charting, functional process modeling, data modeling, feasibility, prototyping, and evaluating existing systems. Able to analyze information and verify its completeness. If applicable, has knowledge of the concepts of structured functional specifications, modularity and partitioning.
- Applications System Design: Demonstrates the ability to conduct systems design tasks in a team environment or independently to build or enhance a simple system. Has conducted the basic phases of systems design including preparing design and file specifications, preparing testing, conversion, and implementation plans, designing system architecture and process flows, and preparing program requirements and specifications. Creatively generates multiple potential solutions. In terms of structured systems design, if applicable, has participated in the structured design of one or more conventional, relatively uncomplicated data processing systems as a member of a project team. Is familiar with standard methods for functional decomposition. Has participated in structured design walk-throughs.
2 years relevant experience
Additional Qualification Information:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.