The ReDCo Group, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At The ReDCo Group, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 24 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
SUMMARYA person in this position is responsible for giving direct client care to the individuals attending day programs. Work assignments are varied in nature and are performed under the supervision of the Community Participation Supports Program Specialist.
**This position has a salary of $11.50 per hour.**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Individual Service Plans which require work activities in the facility or in the community with single or multiple participants who are ambulatory and non-ambulatory.
- Ensures that each individual participates in social/leisure/recreational activities based on individualized plans which require activities at the program or in the community with single or multiple day care participants who are ambulatory and non-ambulatory.
- Provides social, emotional, and environmental supports to insure the happiness, health, and safety of the day care participants; requires the use of Crisis Prevention Intervention techniques including de-escalation techniques as outlined in the Behavior Support Plan and/or Restrictive Procedure Plans; physical interventions may be required only where client/staff safety is impacted.
- Provides support to the participants in activities of daily living such as personal/oral hygiene and appropriate dress; requires the transfer of non-ambulatory participants using mechanical apparatus or approved lifting/transfer techniques.
- Performs chore duties and assists/supervises the participants in performing these duties to insure that the facility is clean, safe, and secure at all times. Duties include such tasks as vacuuming; sweeping; dusting; doing dishes; stocking groceries/supplies; preparing meals/snacks; cleaning appliances, countertops, and tables; doing laundry; and removing snow from program vehicles.
- May coordinate and schedule specialized services for the participants; may transport participants to medical, vision, dental appointments, speech therapy, and psychotherapy sessions as needed.
- Operates company-owned vehicles to transport participants to/from their home to the facility as well as to/from community activities.
- Dispenses medication prescribed for the residents by strictly following the medication administration procedures for administering and charting of medicines.
- Prepares and completes required documentation in compliance with State regulations, company standards, and the policy and procedure manuals.
- Assists supervisor in the training of new staff to insure continuity of training in the supervisor’s absence.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position, but may serve as a coach and mentor for staff members in similar positions.
- The duties of this job require fine motor skills to write neat, legible notes, read and understand program documentation, and completing keyboarding entry.
- The duties of this job involve physical movements such as lifting, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and reaching: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment for this position varies between a facility setting and community based locations. Staff members in this position are required to work both within and outside of the facility setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires a minimal amount of personal travel; however, extensive travel utilizing company-owned vehicles is required on a frequent basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with good driving record. A high school graduate or possession of a general equivalency diploma is preferred.
- Organization and attention to detail
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including ability to learn the electronic time and attendance system
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year of related work experience in supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities in the community
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required
- Language Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Reasoning Ability
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive and understanding attitude toward the participants.
- Ability to make sound judgments regarding the health and welfare of the participants.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations appropriately.
- Ability to work as a member of a team cooperatively and ethically to insure that the is a safe, happy, and clean environment.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, families, and others who are essential for the wellbeing of the participants.
- Ability to learn and comprehend behavior management and program planning principles and applicable safety and health measures.
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• 401k Match – 50% of the first 6% of eligible compensation up to an annual maximum of $750
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
The ReDCo Group is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.