Safety-Kleen is seeking a Refinery Engineer. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys understanding and working in a facility environment, including working with and troubleshooting pumps, compressors, and other large rotating equipment. This job is for someone who is comfortable getting out from behind the desk and working in a refinery environment.
- Facility Engineering function with an emphasis on mechanical integrity.
- Maintenance Superintendent function.
- Process safety management program leader.
- Capital projects function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required
- 3+ years related work experience required - refinery or chemical facility experience preferred
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to relate to technical personnel
- Capital project conception and implementation
- Understanding of refining processes and associated engineering skills
- Promote teamwork and works well with others
- Ability to work on multiple projects successfully
- Good decision-making and delegation of responsibilities
- Experience using statistical process control in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors Co., has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK. ™
Why should you work with us?
Safety-Kleen embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment where the uniqueness of every individual is respected and the contributions of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is encouraged and valued. We offer great job training, career growth opportunities and competitive pay rates. Our fantastic benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, confidential employee assistance program; and company-paid sick, holiday, and vacation time.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors Co., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.