Comprehensive Energy Services, Inc. (CES) is an award-winning, self-performing provider and recognized leader in Design Build, Mechanical Contracting and Plumbing. CES provides a full range of advanced HVAC commercial, healthcare and industrial services, including mechanical engineering design, mechanical construction, plumbing, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), preventative maintenance, system maintenance, repairs and replacement.
The Refrigeration Technician reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for performing a range of Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) jobs for industrial and commercial customers. In this role, they will repair, install, and troubleshoot HVACR equipment, such as HVAC units, ice machines, beverage equipment and refrigeration storage units. The incumbentmust be able to accurately diagnose and efficientlycarry outa job to the mutual benefit of the customer and CES.
- As a member of the Service Department, conduct all HVACR jobs in a prompt and professional manner
- Perform routine HVACR service activities without direct oversight or on-site assistance
- Conduct point-of-work services such as unit repairs, replacements, unit add-ons, along with various services within the commercial service contracts
- Basic computer knowledge being able to input information required to execute your daily tasks
- Recognize potential revenue leads by communicating additional services with the customer. Listed are a few service examples: unit components, unit replacements, add-on units, and commercial service contracts
- Develop and refer customer leads to the CES Sales team
- Conducting non-service work in support of the Installation Departments, as assigned
- Perform related duties as directed by the Service Manager
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Ensure company vehicle is in clean and well maintained at all times
- Ensure compliance with safe driving practices while driving a company vehicle
- Use of cellular phone while driving company vehicle is prohibited
- Use self-initiative to remain current with industry trends (engage in webinars, virtual conferences, educational reading, etc.)
- Accept and perform other work as assigned
- Not applicable
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Graduate of a post-secondary HVACR program of instruction with two or more years in duration
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Work within industry standards of accuracy
- Able to make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Practical oral and written communications skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency required
- Strong knowledge of the proper use of Safety Equipment
- Accurately diagnose and efficiently accomplish work desirable to the satisfaction of both the customer and CES
- Ready and able to meet time schedules, deadlines, as well as plan and organize work efficiently
- Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Able to work collaboratively with others using tact, patience and professional courtesy
- Ability to work under pressures of time, a non-standard schedule, and ready to communicate customer needs concisely during backlog constraints
- Able to provide the customer with estimated quotes for small-to-medium projects
- Must be able to travel to and from job sites
- Must not have a fear of heights (Acrophobia)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn while performing certain tasks
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification required
- Valid Florida Driver's License is required
- Incumbent must be insurable at all times by CES insurance carrier
- OSHA 10 certification, preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift/move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Local and occasional out of town travel within Florida is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.