Provides treatment, recovery, education and counseling services to adults, children, families, and caregivers involved in Samaritas’ corrections re-entry program and Shelter for families experiencing homelessness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a range of clinical interventions to individuals, families and groups, using acceptable and appropriate treatment methodologies within evidenced based practice models when possible.
- Assist clients to clearly define presenting problems and devise methods and goals for solving problems.
- Assume responsibility for intake, assessment, clinical interventions, scheduling and billing.
- Present each case to supervisor and clinical peer team as required for review of treatment plan and progress. Provide participants with reviews as requested, to document clinical progress on goals and redefine goals as needed.
- Participate as a member of the clinical treatment team. Keep all members informed of case status and progress, provide oral and written reports, make recommendations about case goals for treatment and develop mutually agreeable treatment plans and/or behavioral planning.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, Temporary Limited License Psychologist, Limited Licensed Master Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselor, Limited Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Master Social Work.
- Full licensure preferred.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) registry preferred.
- Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) credentialing preferred.
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) training preferred.
- Experience in clinical outpatient, home based, community mental health or behavioral health setting preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Lived experience with behavioral health issues preferred.
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to “Be The Rock That Starts The Ripple”. A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We want you to be our rock!
We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who place their trust in us.
For a Samaritas video preview please click on our video link: https://vimeo.com/344133081