Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for the functional leadership and oversight of all aspects of business administration, accounting ,financial management and risk identification for an operating Region/Division with annual revenue between $150M - $500M.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Assist Group Controller by providing oversight of the Region/Division finance and administrative staff in order to provide comprehensive financial and accounting support in compliance with Company policies.
- Coordinate consolidation of Region/Division financial analysis, such as revenue, gross profit, margin, DSO/working capital, and other financial reporting requirements in compliance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Act as the liaison with the Group Controller on financial and compliance matters to facilitate the timely and complete communication of Region/Division financial information necessary to make informed decisions essential to the effective running of the business.
- Assist in the development of the Region/Division's short and long term operational plans by providing the financial information and analysis required to ensure successful development and implementation of the operational strategy.
- Maintain the SOX, DBE, risk identification, subcontract insurance bonding requirements and internal controls in compliance with accepted company standards to minimize exposure and risk.
- Assist the Group Controller and Corporate Finance Planning & Analysis (FP&A) with the development of the annual budget, quarterly and periodic forecast to ensure that the Region/Division's financial goals are based on internal growth expectations and external competitive conditions.
- Coordinate the annual, quarterly and periodic Region/Division variance analysis to provide accurate and timely information on financial performance relative to budget expectation.
- Assist the Shared Services Center (SSC) with oversight and coordination of Region/Division developed shared services and process improvement initiatives to improve service and efficiency.
- Coordinate with the Group Controller on Region/Division financial matters such as project control hedging, inventory management, and capital expenditures in compliance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Provide Project Financial Control oversight and leadership for all facets of project business administration including payroll, purchasing, payables, billings and cash management to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards.
- Provide leadership and direction to Region/Division finance and administration staff to ensure timely completion of assignments and development of skills necessary to develop a productive, high performing engaged team.
- Employ consistent best business practices and standards across the operation Region/Division in alignment with company initiatives to improve accuracy, efficiency in the development and implementation of operational plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field required
- CPA or equivalent designation preferred
- MBA a plus
- 7+ years practical work experience
- 3+ years management/supervisory experience
- Progressive and well-rounded experience in business related functions in the heavy-civil construction and construction materials industry or related field
- Large enterprise system experience (JD Edwards/Oracle e1 experience a plus)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (SOX, US GAAP, contract & collection law, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Strong proficiency of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects
- Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
- Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Excellent consultative and communication skills (oral and written) and ability to interface effectively with all levels within the organization
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.