Atlantic Health System is seeking a full time Reg Respiratory Therapist at Morristown Medical Center in the Respiratory Therapy department.
Job DescriptionPerforms comprehensive respiratory assessment and respiratory therapy as prescribed by a physician. Provides patient/family with respiratory therapy education. Prepares, operates and maintains respiratory test/care equipment.
- Performs comprehensive respiratory assessment. Utilizes assessment data to determine patient’s actual or potential problems.
- Performs bedside pulmonary function studies as per physician’s order. Collaborates with physicians on patient’s plan of care. Evaluates patient’s responses to respiratory care.
- Utilizes a process in delivering care to assigned patients. Performs physical chest therapy (cupping) to loosen and mobilize secretions and mucus in the lungs and clears airway blockage in the patient’s respiratory system, as needed.
- Performs standard suctioning techniques as indicated, collecting the appropriate, requested specimens. Implements ventilator management/weaning protocols.
- Performs bronchial hygiene and airways care procedures. Collects arterial and venous samples for blood gas analysis, notifies physicians of results and performs appropriate changes in ventilator parameters.
- Implements, monitors, and maintains non-invasive mechanical ventilation. Monitors gas exchange via non-invasive measures including pulse oximetry and capnography.
- Assists in transport of mechanically ventilated patients with artificial airways. Administers oxygen and humidification therapy as per physician’s order and department policy.
- Initiates, monitors and adjusts parameters on continuous mechanical ventilation. Responds to cardiopulmonary emergencies and renders care as per ACLS/BCLS standards. Provides emergent airway care including intubation as per department policy.
- Implements ventilator management adhering to protocols as per department and Intensive Care Unit standards. Provides patient/family with respiratory therapy education as ordered.
- Completes departmental paperwork as specified for each assignment completed and assists with inventory control. Adheres to established infection control protocols and fire safety protocols.
- Performs related duties within NJ scope of practice and hospital policy/procedures, as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Associate of Science degree from an accredited respiratory therapist program, required
- Bachelor’s Degree, highly preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
- Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), required
- Active license for Respiratory Therapy in New Jersey, required
- Advanced and Basic Life Support certification, required
- 1-2 years of Respiratory Care experience, preferred
- Critical care experience, highly preferred
- Prior neonatal/pediatric experience, highly preferred
- Current or past experience with EPIC charting, highly preferred
Atlantic Health System has created a Trusted Network of Caring™, delivering the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost. We aim to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 11th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.